I’m Shelley Peterson – an experienced Bristol-based counsellor who’s passionate about using my accredited counselling skills to help tackle the “stuff” that prevents us from living life to the full.
Informed by my Christian faith, I see every person as uniquely complex and wonderful. I am equally comfortable working with clients of any faith, and those with none. I offer Person-Centred counselling that values the unique therapist-client relationship, and draws from a range of different tools and approaches that are tailored to suit you and your circumstances.
- BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy) Registered and Accredited Counsellor
- Higher Certificate in Pastoral Counselling Skills – University of Gloucestershire
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education
- BA (Hons) Degree in History and Religious Studies
Counselling and relevant experience
- Network, Bristol – voluntary and then professional counselling
- Counselling Training Leader – ‘Being there’ and ‘A way of being’ introductory listening and foundational counselling skills courses
- Youthwork Team Leader with a Christian Youth Organisation for 7 years
- Secondary School Humanities Teacher for 4 years
- Pastoral Care Worker for 3 years
- Various Voluntary Sector Administration roles for 8 years
The bigger picture
Originally from Lancashire, I have been living in Bristol on and off since 1994, and love it here. I have two teenage sons to keep me busy, and personal experience of the impact of Asperger’s syndrome on family life.
I’ve had a far from sheltered up-bringing, and my broad life experience has included time spent working with disadvantaged people in Singapore, Uganda, and in the UK.
I work hard at keeping fit and particularly enjoy running, having successfully completed the London Marathon in addition to several half-marathons. I’m an avid reader and enjoy getting to know people.
If you’d like to meet me before going further with the counselling, why not get in touch to arrange a no-strings attached Introductory Session